Wednesday, October 26, 2011

More Backgrounds

Another background experiment. The idea with this one was to reflect something of the mime’s design in the background elements, hence I’ve made the tree trunks look like stripes, and kinda made the foliage resemble his unshaven look.
Tree4
Though the thought was there, the result is a failure for a couple of reasons. Firstly, despite me toning down the strength of the lines and blurring them, they still compete too much with the mime himself. Secondly, my reason for making the location more organic (a park) was to avoid lots of vertical lines, and what have I gone and put in?!
My first attempt is still my best I think, so I decided to return to it and apply the film effect that I’ve used on my subsequent ones just to see what it looks like.
Tree1A
In this one the tree is mainly dabs of paint rather than linework, which seems to work better with the lines of the mime.
 
Copyright © Blog | Show